Thursday, January 5, 2012

More Productive without Technology?

This morning I woke up as the sun was whitewashing my eyelids.  I thought about how I hadn't slept quite as many hours at night as the nights before and considered forcing myself back to sleep.  Then my brain remembered staying up late, reading articles on my iPod Touch & only giving up not when I was half-asleep, like usual, but when the charge had ran out.  I considered getting up, plugging the iPod in & going back to sleep until I could get into my morning routine of going downstairs as I'm getting online in-hand.  Are you kidding me?  The part of my brain that seems to have appeared with a grain-free diet was disappointed. Get up and do something useful.  So I got up.  Just in time to walk to the stairs & out the window see my Mom and dog being silly by the birdfeeders.  I knocked on the window & called down to the Lu-dog, who hustled up to the house immediately.  What a great start.

Aside from listening to some Robb Wolf Paleo Solution podcasts while cleaning my closet and drawers, I left technology mostly alone until evening.  As it turns out, all of my hoodies can fit in my closet, my current tees can fit in one drawer with other clothes, and I can have some clear surface space in this bedroom that is its 9th year of my habitation (thank goodness for the years I was not living at home; thank goodness for the clarity & mental changes that make me want to leave).  Truly mundane amazing stuff.  Some other nice things are happening too.  And I stayed Whole30 all day.  Real close to 100g protein by 1PM.  Think I topped out around 130-140g total, however.  Gotta listen more closely to those podcasts.  Keep hearing "1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight" but I haven't caught whether that is for people doing CrossFit/lifting/training or if that is any human, anytime.  Probably should get to working out, just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment