Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Whole30 continues...Day 2

Today I realized that my favorite brand of coconut milk, Chaokoh, contains some sulfites, which are no-no on the Whole30.  I'd consumed it with coffee on Day 1.  In the past, I would get bent out of shape about "failing" and call the whole 30-day project off; I would look for a way to get back to my bad habits.  It was cold out, I haven't left the house in 4 or 5 days, I didn't want to go grocery shopping.  To have "failed" yesterday would be the perfect excuse to stay in my yoga pants and hoodie, tuck back into the fudge, Texas sheet cake, Christmas cheeses and say I'd re-start in February, which was my original plan, anyway.

Instead of those delectable choices, I considered what would make me feel better.  Consuming some sulfites on the starting day of a 30-day break from them (whatever they are) is probably the best time to do so.  Went shopping, bought plenty of meat to really start this thing, along with some sulfite-free ($$) coconut milk.  And it didn't taste that great.  But I've got several cans to go.   Bought them on-purpose.  I want to stay on-purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment