Monday, July 18, 2011

Coconut Fruit Popsicles (paleo, gluten-free)

I've been thinking about making popsicles all summer.  The leftover nectarines from kabobs were starting to get overripe, so I pulled out the food processor & made some tasty pops!  Here's what I did:

Finely process:
  • 1 nectarine, overripe
  • 1 banana, ripe
  • 2 handfuls Michigan strawberries, frozen
  • 1/2 C blueberries, frozen
I wasn't sure if it would freeze solid into a popsicle mold, so I added: 
  • 1 can coconut milk (my favorite brand is Chaokoh, but there is a coconut shortage; Greek yogurt would probably be amazing too)
Leftovers went into a recycled ice cream container
Blend thoroughly, then pour into the molds.  This made 4 pops with enough leftover to make at least another 4-6.
Freeze for at least 5 hours.  
Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment